Covid-19 Secure Mobile Workplace Policy (July 2020)
I am very much looking forward to reopening Tunbridge Wells Reflexology. Below, you will see the TW Reflexology Covid-19 Secure Mobile Workplace Policy which will apply when I make home visits. This was compiled by the Association of Reflexologists (with a few amendments to make relevant to TW Reflexology) and is how I will work going forward when I come to visit you. (If you come to my clinic at 3 Brian Crescent for reflexology, please click here).
As your reflexologist and a full member of the AoR, I will:
- Work within the Governments Guidelines
- Have prepared for and complied with the AoR Return to work document
- Comply with the AoR Covid-19 Secure Hygiene Guidelines for Mobile Therapists detailing strict hygiene practices. You can request to see a full copy from Olivia Gillmor
- Changes that will be made include the following:
a. You will be asked to complete a risk assessment form before each treatment to ascertain if it is appropriate for you to have a treatment. This will also include an assessment of risk to me when visiting your environment to treat you and as a result you may be asked to take specific precautions to help (such as ensuring I do not need to touch surfaces etc)
b. Hand washing – You may be asked to make provision for me to wash hands on arrival, before and after treatments. Alternatively, I may provide and use hand sanitiser (with a minimum of 60% alcohol)
c. I will have clean, dedicated clothes/uniforms for treatments that will be changed between clients
d. Cleaning – All equipment or materials (such as but not limited to chair, towels, coverings, sanitisers) will have been cleaned fully before they are brought into your home.
e. Depending on the latest government guidelines, I am is likely to be
wearing a facial covering and you may be asked to wear one too – even a scarf is fine (ideally double layer cotton). This could be a mask, visor or both
f. Chair or Couch – I may bring a treatment chair/couch or may request the treatment is carried out on an armchair or sofa. I will contact you to discuss this before the treatment
g. Clean linen and towels will be used for each client. However, you may be asked to provide a clean towel and blanket
h. Soft furnishings – you may also be asked to provide a pillow. If I bring one, it will be completely covered during use with a clean covering
i. Waste will be disposed of in line with Government Guidelines
j. Laundry provided by me will be taken away and washed in line with Government Guidelines.
As a client you will be required to:
- Complete a risk assessment before each treatment. (I will contact you to complete this)
- Ensure I am not put at potential risk; this includes minimising any requirement for me to touch surfaces, and ensuring as far as possible, no one else in the building comes into contact with me.)
- On my arrival declare if anything has changed with your health or within your family unit
- Have your (and any other family members present during the treatment) temperature taken and recorded on arrival.
- Wash your hands (or use hand sanitiser provided by myself) on arrival and make provision (if possible) for me to wash my hands safely on arrival and at the end of the treatment. Alternatively, I may use a hand sanitiser
- You may be asked to wear your own face covering. I will let you know beforehand if this is the case.
- Provide your own water. I will provide my own water
- Provide your own pillows, blanket and towel (if requested)
- Inform Olivia if you develop symptoms of Covid-19
- Arrange contactless payment if possible
Hygiene and your safety is of paramount importance to us, if there is anything you are unsure about please contact your Olivia Gillmor to discuss.
I would like to thank you for complying with the TW Reflexology COVID-19 policies and procedures in relation to home visits.
Olivia can be contacted by email by clicking here
If you would like further information regarding Coronavirus please see the NHS Website
To see the latest Government advice in relation to Close Contact Therapies, please see the Government Website