GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I hold and why, and what your rights are.
Contacting Tunbridge Wells Reflexology
To contact us, you can use our Contact Us page or via the details below:
Therapist’s Name: Olivia Gillmor
Telephone No: 07522 078 788
Email address: [email protected]
Address: 3 Brian Crescent, Southborough, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN4 0AP
Collecting and processing Client Data
In order to give professional reflexology treatments, I will need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information to carry out reflexology treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing which I will offer to you.
If you have contacted Tunbridge Wells Reflexology via the website or social media accounts, I take basic contact details and information via my website to allow me to contact you and handle bookings
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
As a full member of the Association of Reflexologists, I abide by the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is:
- my legitimate interests
i.e. my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice
- my requirement to hold your information for the following legal reasons
- CNHC requirements to retain information
- HMRC requirements to retain information
- ‘claims occurring’ insurance
- laws regarding children’s records
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AoR Confidentiality as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to give professional reflexology treatments, I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this for informing reflexology treatments and any advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
- Your contact details
- Medical history and other health-related information (which I will take from you at first consultation)
- Treatment details and related notes (which I will take after each consultation)
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (unless required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
If I am treating as the result of a referral of The Harmony Therapy Trust, I have to share certain details with The Harmony Therapy Trust. The information to be shared would be the information given to me on your consultation forms.
How Long I Retain Your Information for
I will keep your information for the following periods:
- ‘claims occurring’ insurance: (records to be kept for 7 years after last treatment)
- law regarding children’s records (records to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when treated, then 26)
- CNHC requirements to retain information for 8 years
- HMRC requirements to retain information for 5 years
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
Olivia Gillmor is committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
I will contact you using telephone, email or text message in relation to:
- Appointment times
- Reflexology information or information related to your health
- Special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe from this at any time)
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access:
To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data:
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object:
To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
To find out more information on GDPR please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above with details of your request.
If you have a complaint relating to GDPR and how Tunbridge Wells Reflexology are handling your data, please contact [email protected] in the first instance giving further details of the issue. I would welcome the option to solve your complaint. If you are still dissatisfied you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- If you don’t agree to Olivia Gillmor at Tunbridge Wells Reflexology keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, then we may not be able to treat you
- Olivia Gillmor at Tunbridge Wells Reflexology has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period (as described above), which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, I might have to keep these details until after that period has passed
- Olivia Gillmor at Tunbridge Wells Reflexology can move their records between computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission
- Website www.tunbridgewellsreflexology.co.uk contains links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy of those sites and would advise reviewing their own privacy policies.